What is "hi" in the middle and round on the edges?.........."OHIO" Just Kidding. Joan thinks I am a goof (and could very well be right) for telling that joke too much!!!!! We most recently were able to go out to Ohio and visit Joan's parents, who are serving a mission in the Kirtland, Ohio area. They have served in Kirtland, and are now serving in Garrettsville at the John Johnson Homestead. It was really a neat experience to be able to go and see the history of the early saints. We thank the early saints for the many hardships they went through for this great gospel. The Kirtland Temple is owned by the Community of Christ Church (RLDS) and is given tours to those who wish to see it. It is very beautiful and a magnificent building to build nearly 200 years ago. I am amazed at the workmanship (especially of wood) without the use of power tools. Pretty amazing really. The detail is awesome. They would not allow pictures inside of the Temple, Sorry. The creek pictures are of the stone quarry (about two miles from the Temple) where the saints carved out of sandstone the rock to build the Temple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Love the pictures of the boys crashing out. Also, fun to see Bonnie on the bridge :) Sounds like you guys had an exciting and spiritual trip to Ohio. Shane and I will have to go out there sometime and see all the sites!
By the way, I just noticed that you took us off your family and friends list...what are we just not cool enough or somethin'?
shane and michelle, I have not been able to figure out how to add anyone to the friends list. Don't worry, I called a blog addict and she told me how to do it. So you can relax, I got it fixed. Your now one of the friends and family links. I actually just learned about comments. I am a little bit slow at catching on, but once I learn I've got it!! I did not realize that people had been leaving comments to my posts.
it's all good! heehee :)
This is so great that you were able to go and see your parents on their mission! I'm sure they weren't at all happy that you came to see them! JK. I'm glad you're becoming a blogger Joanie! Love it. These are great pictures.
Post a Comment